Nutri-Fly BF, 50L Superbulk
Cat #: 66-120
- Based on the standard recipe used at the Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
- Never be stuck with extra media components again
- Makes a total of 50L of food
- Airtight pail keeps food fresh
- Scoop 200ml powder/1L H2O
- Ingredients: Yellow Cornmeal, Agar (Type II), Corn Syrup Solids, Inactive Nutritional Yeast, Soy Flour
- Ask us about a free trial of fly food!
DescriptionNutri-Fly Bloomington Formulation is made to accommodate the requirements of large, communal Drosophila media preparation facilities as well as small, independent laboratories. Now, with the addition of Superbulk, scaling your recipe to meet your needs has never been easier. For consistency, most ingredients come from the manufacturers cited on the Indiana University, Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center website: www.flystocks.bio.indiana.edu/Fly_Work/media-recipes/bloomfood.htm. The airtight pail is guaranteed to keep food fresh for up to two years when sealed properly. Strict lot traceability procedures are employed to each ingredient, in every batch, ensuring consistency and quality.
Directions: Add 200ml powder/1L H2O. Pour powder into a cooking vessel. Add ¼ - ½ specified RT H2O and stir out any clumps. Add remaining RT H2O and stir. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add specified propionic acid quantity (not supplied). **For every 1 Liter of food you want to make it takes 175.67g of Nutri-Fly Powder**