Nutri-Fly GF, 10 x 1L Packets
Cat #: 66-115
German Food Formulation
- Ideal for use with weak Drosophila strains
- Flies up to be 10x more productive
- Air tight, single use pouches keep food fresh
- Makes a total of 10L of food
- Based on the Semi-Defined Medium recipe used at the Bloomington Stock Center
- Ingredients: Brewer's Yeast, Agar (Type II), Yeast Extract, Peptone, Sucrose, Glucose, MgSO4 x 6H2O, CaCl2 x 2H2O
- Ask us about a free trial
DescriptionNutri-Fly German Food Sick Fly Formulation is rich in nutrients and is ideal for weak Drosophila strains. Using this media, flies have been shown to be at least ten times more productive when compared with cornmeal-molasses-yeast food. The recipe can be doubled, triped, etc. in the same batches to meet any media quantity requirements. Sealed in single-use foil pouches, Nutri-Fly GF is not only convenient but also robust, and guaranteed to make fresh and substantive food throughout its shelf-life of one year from delivery. Strict lot traceability procedures are employed to each ingredient, in every batch.
Directions: Empty entire contents of packet into a cooking vessel. Add ¼ - ½ specified RT H2O and stir out any clumps. Add remaining RT H2O and stir. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn of heat source. Cool to 60° (about 15 minutes) and add specified propionic acid quantity (not supplied).