Nutri-Fly BF, 10 x 1L Packets
Cat #: 66-112
- Based on the standard recipe used at the Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
- Adopted by major Drosophila media prep facilities worldwide
- Never be stuck with extra media components again
- Air tight, single use pouches keep food fresh
- Ideal for large, communal fly kitchens
- Makes a total of 10L of food
- Ingredients: Yellow Cornmeal, Agar (Type II), Corn Syrup Solids, Inactive Nutritional Yeast, Soy Flour
- Ask us about a free trial
DescriptionNutri-Fly Bloomington Formulation is made to accommodate the requirements of large, communal Drosophila media preparation facilities as well as small, independent laboratories. Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc. in the same batches to meet any media quantity requirements. For consistency, most ingredients come from the manufacturers cited on the Indiana University, Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center website: www.flystocks.bio.indiana.edu/Fly_Work/media-recipes/bloomfood.htm. Sealed in single-use foil pouches, Nutri-Fly BF is not only convenient but also robust, and guaranteed to make fresh and substantive food throughout its shelf-life of two years from delivery. Strict lot traceability procedures are employed to each ingredient, in every batch.
Directions: Empty entire contents of packet into a cooking vessel. Add ¼ - ½ specified RT H2O and stir out any clumps. Add remaining RT H2O and stir. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add specified propionic acid quantity, (not supplied).